Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hi. I had a lovely entry prepared, but then the computer crashed at the internet cafe, and the computer at the Peace Corps office isn't allowing me to copy or cut and paste. So, instead, you get this.

My host-mama had her beautiful baby boy. He is great, but may or may not be named Weidy or Melvin. I was pushing for Kennedy, but we'll see. Mama is ok, but had a C-Section, so she's still recovering. Surgeries can have a lot of complications here, so she's staying in Maputo.

I did and saw a few things:
1) I woke up to an over six inch long cockroach. I killed him. Is it weird that it was a little nice to wake up to another creature in my room in the morning?
2) I saw my little sister Mae pee on the sidewalk around our house. Now I know why my family insisted on me wearing sandals whenever I wasn't.
3)I heard my first war myth. It's that one of the fighting parties would tear unborn babes from the mother and pilar them (essentially, crushing something with a very large wooden mortar and pestle, usually used for peanut-flour production). Yuck.
4) I took a very solumn oath and am now in the position to defend you all (if you're American) from foreign or domestic enemies, and to defend the consistitution, come hell or high water!

okbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment